Friday, December 15, 2006

This is Love, I'm absolutely sure of it.

Some people think it will never happen to them. I was usually not in that group of people. Sure sometimes I would question whether or not I would ever be totally in love, but this is it for sure. I kept the faith, and now it has happened to me. I'm totally, utterly, irreversibly, unabashedly, head over heals (that phrase never really made much sense to me) in love.

I know I'll get laughed at for finding it on the Internet, but there it was on Amazon.com. A Fein Multimaster. I had heard the guys talking about how great it was over at finehomebuilding, but until today I didn't realize just how wonderful this tool really is. I ordered it around Thanksgiving, and when it arrived I couldn't wait to use it. I thought I would just test it out today to see how well it would cut casing for tile installation. But then I needed to notch some cabinets. Last time I used a jigsaw, and that worked, but it was awfully awkward. Hey, this will be the perfect test I thought. And that's when it happened. That is when I fell in love. The cut was soooo smooth. And plunge cutting? Like sliding under blankets fresh out of the dryer on a cold, rainy day. Then there is the ability to get into the tiniest spots, it's like having the dexterity of a double jointed teenage gymnast.

I know I have loved more than a few tools in my day. And still love many of them today as I did when they were new. My paslodes, sliding compound miter saw, and positive placement gun all come to mind. But this one caught me totally by surprise. I've been around the block a few times now, and I didn't expect to find such a perfect tool for me again.

So to all of you who think you will never find true love, I offer up the Fein Multimaster. Well, if you are a tool junky anyway.

P.s. I forgot to mention that it has a ridiculously long cord on it. I may never need to plug it in to an extension cord.

No comments: