Wednesday, February 24, 2010

news

The internet is indeed a wonderful thing. I know saying that is akin to saying, "bacon tastes good." But it is nice to be able to pick something up after three or four years and for it to still be there. Like this blog for instance.

So I am less than two weeks away from my first wedding anniversary. I have to say, without any hint of hyperbole, that being married has been the most deeply satisfying, fun, and surprisingly easy experience of my life. I'm sure a lot of that has to do with the extraordinariness of my wife, Angela. Like some friends of ours said once, "being married is like having a sleep over with your best friend every night." I couldn't agree more. I love almost everything about being married (especially my wife). Even a lot of the things that I wasn't really looking forward to have been pleasantly...well pleasant.

Now, I know what a lot of you might be thinking. And yes, I'm sure things will get more difficult and tiresome at times. But for the moment I am still the eternal optimist that is my nature, and I really do believe that things will probably get much better from here.

For one thing, I know that when we have dealt with problems (the current one is little work for me), we have invariably grown closer and stronger in our relationship. I know that my sin (and her's too sometimes) has really hurt us, and can drive us apart. I'm not foolish enough to think that I won't do some really awful things in the future.

Still, I'm not worried.

I love my wife.

She is the perfect woman (for me). She is gentle and kind. She is patient with me. She forgivess me. She has the most beautiful smile. She indulges me in my silliness and my playfullness. She loves to read. We love to read together. She lets me have my down time. She gives me confidence. She looks great naked. I could go on, but I think that last one was a good one to end on.

Peace of Christ to you,

Casey

No comments: